Welcome to the Patch Command Center for everything you need to know about Blizzard Nemo.
Look out for information on closures, road conditions, emergency information and more updates as the storm blows through our area. You can also get immediate updates by following us on Facebook, Twitter and through our e-mail alert service.
Amherst has gotten hit with 24.5 inches of snow so far. The snow is still falling and high winds will be blowing for much of the day, with the snow stopping around 2 p.m.
A look at the PSNH map shows no outage reports in Amherst. Great news.
Many, many businesses and events have been called off today due to the heavy snowfall. However, the Homestead Grocery & Deli and Moulton's Market are OPEN FOR BUSINESS if you are able to get over there.
Make sure to check out our LIVE BLOG tracking storm news throughout the state, and upload your AWESOME photos to our Blizzard Photo Collection.
Amherst Patch will update you on school and business closures, along with event cancellations.
- LaBelle Winery: Unfortunately, Nor'Easter Nemo has forced us to cancel Winterfest. The Winery will be closed today, Saturday, February 9th. We hope that you are all nestled, snug in your homes. We'll be enjoying some warm, mulled LaBelle wine in ours.
- The Amherst Town Library will close @ 1:00 PM on Friday, Feb. 8 and be CLOSED all day on Saturday, Feb. 9. Check back for any updates to our hours over the weekend.
- Brinestone will be closing their doors early at 3:30 today to buy milk & bread and make it home safe. They are also currently planning on a late opening tomorrow at 10:30 a.m.
- All Amherst Recreation activities have been cancelled this weekend
- Labelle Winery is closed today, Friday, February 8th.
- The AJWC Tennis Social & Fundraiser scheduled tonight at Hampshire Hills has been tentatively rescheduled for March 22nd.
- The SAU 39 School District has closed all schools today due to the blizzard.
- Style Salon in Amherst is postponing their Grand Opening event that was scheduled for Saturday.
- Nordic Ski for this weekend has been canceled.
- Saturday’s hockey game is postponed – make up date TBD
- The boys basketball games in Hanover for Friday, Feb. 8 have been postponed to Saturday, February 23, JV at 1pm and Varsity at 2:30pm. The girls basketball games for Friday, Feb. 8 have been postponed to Monday, Feb. 11 at SOUHEGAN HIGH SCHOOL, JV at 5pm and Varsity at 6:30pm.
- The wrestling tournament scheduled for Saturday has been canceled.
- Swim and Diving meet postponed to Sunday. More details.
Updates on power outages will be posted here as they appear.
If you experience an outage, please call 800-662-7764 or go to www.psnh.com to report it. It's important that you report an outage even if you think your neighbors may have already reported it.
Things You Should Know
The Red Cross has generator safety tips to protect your home from dangerous carbon monoxide fumes and generator misuse.
Amherst Patch will be following Nemo very closely, but needs YOUR eyes and ears too! Call or text Editor Robert Michaelson at 508-577-6988, or email Robert.Michaelson@patch.com. I want your pictures, stories and any information you think will benefit others. You can also share in the comments below.
The CodeRED Emergency Notification System can be used to keep your family updated via telephone during an emergency that requires immediate action. The system is capable of dialing 50,000 phone numbers per hour and delivers a recorded message to a live person or an answering machine, making three attempts to connect to any number. If you have not already, you can sign up for the service here.
Storm Preparation Tips: NH Homeland Security Wants You Prepared For Nemo
All non-emergency calls should be directed to the Amherst Emergency Operations Center at 673-4900.
Check back here for news on road conditions.