.

Amherst Street Blaze Started From Fireplace

Investigation revealed that the fire was started on the interior wall of the first floor.

A fire that damaged a home at 123 Amherst Street in Amherst originated from a fireplace, according to Amherst Fire Chief Mark Boynton.

Boynton said that radiant heat from the fireplace on the first floor caused the interior wall of to catch fire, and quickly spread undetected to the second floor and attic. 

The accidental two-alarm fire started around 5 a.m. Thursday morning and emergency crews were still on the scene later that morning. The top floor of the building sustained heavy damage from the flames.

Boynton said that two people were in the house when the fire started, but there were no injuries.

The Amherst Fire Department was joined by Milford, Mont Vernon, Merrimack, Bedford and Hollis crews on the scene.

Sorna Khan November 10, 2012 at 09:35 PM
my buddy's sister-in-law got paid $14846 last month. she is making an income on the computer and moved in a $330400 house. All she did was get fortunate and put into use the steps leaked on this link Cloud65.com

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something