Hurricane Sandy Relief drop boxes have all been placed and they need to be filled them up!
Milford Rotarians along with other clubs in our district are working on a rapid response effort to get some much needed supplies to NY and NJ. This is a Rotary District wide initiative and the goal is to fill the tractor trailer leaving for NY/NJ by November 16, if not sooner.
If you have items you would like to contribute, please use one of these locations:
1. Contemporary Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram 320 Elm Street Milford, NH 03055
2. Frederick’s Pastries 109 State Route 101A Amherst, New Hampshire 03031
3. Boys & Girls Club of Souhegan Valley 56 Mont Vernon Street Milford, N.H. 03055
4. Fishbones (Village Store) 10 North Main Street Mont Vernon NH
5. Cropaholics 51 Main St. Wilton NH 03086
6. Zanti Yoga and Meditation Studio 51 Main St., Wilton NH 03086
The items that we need are the following.
- Clothing (new)
- Cleaning supplies
- Toys for kids (not electric)
- Bottled water
- Non-perishable food
- Sweat pants
- Sweatshirts and sweatersGrooming supplies
All of the materials being collected will be transported to a central collection point in Nashua and then trucked to those in need in NY and NJ.
"We always ask ourselves what role Milford Rotary can play in these disasters as we really aren’t a disaster response organization. This is a targeted response to a very specific need being requested by our Rotary Districts in the affected areas. Perfect vehicle for us to have the best impact quickly," said Ryan Hansen, president Milford Rotary Club.
Milford Rotary Club serves the communities of Amherst, Milford, Mont Vernon, Lyndeborough and Wilton.