5 Things: Town of Amherst Deliberative Session Tomorrow
I've got another confession to make. I'm your Patch.
1. Weather Report: Today will be mostly sunny with a high of 26 degrees. Tonight is looking partly cloudy with a low of 15 degrees. Some snow showers should be moving through here tomorrow.
2. Your town, your vote. The deliberative session for The Town of Amherst will be Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 7:00 PM at the Souhegan High School Auditorium. Catch up on what will appear on your ballot on the Amherst Patch Town Meeting 2013 Voter 's Guide.
3. The right measure. Did you know: Ell was a measure of length taken from the forearm. The word came from an Anglo-Saxon word, eln, or the Teutonic alina, which means the forearm from the tip of the middle finger to the elbow.
4. Off the hook. The New England Fishery Management Council has cut the fishing limit for cod on the Gulf of Maine by 77 percent, and Georges Bank cod by 61 percent.
5. Congrats! The following Milford residents are among those to be named to the Roger Williams University Dean's List for the Fall 2012 semester: Jennifer Hamilton, majoring in Media Communication and Perry Alperin, majoring in Undecided/Liberal Arts. Full-time students who complete 12 or more credits per semester and earn a GPA of 3.4 or higher are placed on the Dean's List that semester.