5 Things to Do In NH This Weekend
We found some fun events and activities near you this weekend.
1. Monarchs' game for a good cause! Join the Manchester Monarchs on Saturday night for a great night of hockey, while helping out the Kimberly Cates Scholarship Fund. There may be a special guest that evening carrying the American Flag. The mission of the Kimberly L. Cates Memorial Scholarship is to inspire young people to follow their passion for caring for others and to support them as they begin their post-secondary studies in the field of medicine. The game begins at 7 p.m. and tickets can be bought here.
2. Bingo! Sharpen your game skills and come to Wilkins School in Amherst for Family Bingo Night! The event will be held Friday in the school gym. Doors will open at 5:30pm. Bingo games will run from 6:15pm to 8pm. Bingo play is $6 and includes 8 games. During the evening, one SPECIAL Bingo game will also be called, giving kids a chance to win larger prizes. Special cards are optional and cost an additional $2. You may also buy $1 raffle tickets for a chance to win a larger prize. Family Bingo Night is a biannual fundraiser for the Amherst Junior Women's Club. All proceeds from the event will benefit area non-profits.
3. Taste some tea! The Cozy Tea Cart in Brookline is hosting Cupping Green Teas. In this class, they will cup eight unique Green teas from China , Japan, Ceylon and Korea. They will conduct a tea-tasting for you, using professional cupping sets that you will take home. While you are led through a sampling of green teas, they will discuss their origin, how they are manufactured, and the different nuances of flavor and aroma of each tea. All participants will leave with a solid knowledge of the harvesting and production of green teas, and their proper brewing and storage methods. A light tea snack after the tasting will be provided.
4. Have a laugh with two ladies! Stage One Productions in Manchester will be showing “A Coupla White Chicks Sitting Around Talking” this weekend. This two-character comedy takes place in suburban Westchester County, New York kitchen of Maude Mix, who is having a tough day: her husband is off on a weekend spree with his secretary and she can't get rid of the pesky neighbor who has just moved up from Texas. Hannah Mae Bindler badgers Maude into friendship and the two eventually join forces against their errant and erring husbands. This long running Off-Broadway hit starred Susan Sarandon and Eileen Brennan
5. A showstopper! The Palace Theater in Manchester will be playing Chicago this weekend. An electrifying tale of murder, greed, corruption, violence, exploitation, adultery and treachery – all those things we hold near and dear to our hearts. Filled with one showstopper after another with some of the best dancing, a gorgeous ensemble performing eye-popping numbers choreographed in the style of Bob Fosse.