5 Things: A Shopping Bag is Left Behind. What would you do?
Pearl Harbor, rain ahead, the fiscal cliff and how to treat a sting.
1) Wet one likely ahead. The National Weather Service forecast calls for rain today, with most of it falling after 5 o'clock Friday. It will be a raw day, with temperatures in the high 30s or low 40s. Looking ahead to this weekend, looks like more rain (insert upside-down emoticon here).
2) Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day. Seventy-one years ago, the Japanese empire attacked Pearl Harbor. Today, we remember and flags should be lowered to half-staff, Gov. John Lynch asks.
3) Tough school cuts being proposed. The Amherst School Board, facing a yoke of fixed costs (what it notes includes millions of dollars in state retirement system payments being downshifted to school districts and towns) is looking to offset the expenses with cutting 10.1 teachers and 4.6 support staff positions for next fiscal year.
4) A local police department says it isn't trying to induce crime, just prevent it. See: New Hampshire Sting Finds Honest Shoppers. Still, doesn't this just smack of John Quinones on ABC's "What Would You Do?"
5) Fiscal Cliff: There are just 24 days left until America goes off the Fiscal Cliff. Market Watch has the watch and, of course, a count down clock.